Plant City, Florida, Workers Compensation Attorney Lawyer

William H. McKnight, attorney, aggressively  represents workers compensation claimants against the insurance company for lost wages, medical treatment and rehabilitation in Plant City, Florida.  With 23 years experience, he provides individual attention to each case.  He will help you get the best settlement for your claim when you decide to settle.   Compensation workers deserve,  it’s what we work for.

Lost Wages

Workers comp  money benefits include lost wages, either temporary total disability or temporary partial disability payments, impairment benefits, rehabilitation disability payments during retraining and for the severely injured permanent total disability payments.

Temporary total disability or  temporary partial disability payments are payable for  104 weeks for anyone injured after January 1, 1994.  For accidents after October 1, 2003, after you reach maximum medical improvement,  permanent total disability benefits generally pay to age seventy-five if your injuries prevent you from finding any work.

Rehabilitation Benefits

If you are in a qualified retraining program they can be paid 26 weeks of rehabilitation temporary total disability benefits..  If the judge of compensation determines that it is in your best interest, the rehabilitation temporary total disability payments can be extended for an additional 26 weeks.  For dates of accident after October 1, 2003 the rehabilitation temporary total disability benefits is included in, and not in addition to, the 104 week temporary benefits limit.

Medical Benefits

Workmans comp  is required to provide medical care to you  so as long as the nature of the injury and the process of recovery requires by F.S. 440.13 and  F.S. 440.134  which governs managed care plans in workers compensation claims.

If  the employer refuses to carry out their obligation to provide medical care, you have the right to select the doctor.   You also have a one-time right in any industrial accident to change physicians.

Independent Medical Evaluations

If you are not satisfied with the treatment you receive you can obtain an independent medical evaluation (IME).  It the accident happened before October 1, 2003 the employer is required to pay for the evaluation.  If the accident happened after that date the you must pay for your own IME, unless your care is governed through a managed care plan in which case you can select a doctor from the plan’s list and the the employer pays for the IME.

Workers Compensation Settlements

In the vast majority of cases the workers compensation insurance company will eventually want to settle your case.   The insurance company has highly trained professional adjusters and attorneys working to minimize the value of your settlement.  William H. McKnight knows the ways to increase the value of your case to get you the maximum amount for your settlement.

If you think you have been denied benefits contact us today for a free consultation.